Monday, December 12, 2011

Take a Bath? Take a Bath Fingerstyle Trip!!

Get a chance to visit to Bath, a place take took 11 minutes to reach by train apart from Bristol. Actually the trip was about to visit the Bath's Christmas Market. The stalls didn't amazed me, as Bristol's Christmas Market got more decoration, but the talents on the street did!!

I met Ben Powell, a fingerstyle guitarist based in Bath, at a very beautiful corner, with the light on the top, sorry I was too concentrate on his music that I forgot to shoot any photos.

A little contribution and support to guitar talent, £10 for the CD, and a serendipity, such a bargain!!

111210 - Me and Ben Powell, can you see the disco light spot behind us? it is beautiful!

I enjoy his music, that I forgot to shoot any live video, here's some compensation youtube link:

Dorje's Place
According to the album: Written whilst staying with Dorje and his welcoming family in Leh. Thanks to John, Soren, Jytte & Camilla for your wonderful company.

Reflections

Nightwalking Monteverde
A romantic stroll home through the streets of Rome on a balmy summer's night.


What I like is the sentimental music. Ben composed most of his song in DADGAD (Dsus4 open tuning), which give a bit of Celtic music style, and the music create an atmosphere that you'll feel like wandering around the ancient street and architecture. He reminds me the other fingerstyle guitarist Andy Mckee, not to compare them, just reminded me.

Visit his official website here!! For original tablature and detailed information, and of course, support him if you like his music as well!!

besides, we got Hotel California as well!!


Such a wonderful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment